| construction engineering and inspection
| US 29 Madison Heights Bypass
US 29 Madison Heights Bypass, Amherst County, VA
AMT provided all construction inspection and management services (consultant turn-key) for the $35 million new construction of the four-lane road, managing 15 consultant and VDOT inspectors partnered with 8 contractors to deliver this project ahead of schedule, on budget, and exceeding quality expectation standards and specifications of the project. The contract value for this 9.125 km project was approximately $35 million.
AMT received a Merit Award from the American Consultant Engineering Council of Metropolitan Washington (ACEC/MW) for the Madison Heights Bypass, Rt. 29 construction management and inspection project for the Virginia Department of Transportation, Lynchburg District, Amherst Residency. This project was the last of nine projects completing the 21 kilometer, $262 million, US 29 Madison Heights Bypass.
The US 29 Madison Heights Bypass project included:
- Over 2.5 million cubic meters of excavation
- 7,400 meters of pipe
- 151,212 square meters of continuously reinforced concrete pavement
- 62,000 metric tons of stone
- Three overpass bridges
- 13,000 cubic meters of concrete for 6 box culvert including:
- 380 meters of quadruple boxes
- 188 meters of triple boxes
- 175 meters of double boxes
This project was also awarded the silver award in the "Divided Highways-Rural" category for the 2006 National Excellence in Concrete Paving Awards given by the American Concrete Pavement Association in conjunction with Concrete Construction magazine.
Other Construction Engineering & Inspection Projects
- Levisa River Flood Control, Grundy, VA
- On-Call Construction Engineering, Management & Inspection, District 6 & 7
- US 29 Madison Heights Bypass, Amherst County, VA
- West Point Bridges, Fredericksburg, VA
- On-Call Construction Engineering, Management, Inspection & Testing, City of Rockville, Maryland
- Pedestrian and Bicycle crossing of I-270 at MD 28